Lavender Ameraucana - questions with pics

HorseFeatherz NV

Eggink Chickens
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Sierra Foothills of Reno, NV
I have a cockerel, who is out of Lavender parents but is super light or white? I know the breeder has not had white birds in a few years, and this spring the breeder also hatched/grew out some chicks like this.

This is Flrpl as a chick – 4.23.10

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0830.jpg

With the blacks of the order

DSC_0833.jpg

Flrpl as of 8.5.10

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Chick on the right, scooting out of the photo is a white splashed chick (splash orp over white cochin)

DSC_0040.jpg

My questions – what color genetically is he – is he "white looking" with Lavender genes? – so if I used him over my black pullets, he would throw splits who if breed back to him would be lavs?

Or is he genetically white or something else?

Would he be/is he a cull? Not necessarily a must kill, but just a cull from the Ameraucana Lav line? Course I would love to hear if you see other obvious faults also - color or confirmation for this age.

Thank you
smile.png

Last edited:
You need to post the pictures and questions on the club site. You have many different genes than just recessive white and lavender in that bird. The Guru's of the Ameraucanas will or should answer your questions. Sorry, I do not want to speculate what those genes are in case I am incorrect.

Thanks Shaffer - I have/am trying. I cannot register - some type of error
hu.gif
so I thought I would try here.

eta: I do not know, maybe I need to be an ABC member before I can before a forum member?

Last edited:
Contact John Blehm if you can not get on or better yet PM or email Pips&Peeps she generally responds very quickly unless there is a show today. I have seen several people with Spectator after their name and I don't believe they are ABC members either.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am pretty sure he is not lavender but out of the black breeding pen. I got one in a batch I purchased too. It has feathered out a dingy white just like yours.

I do not know what "color" this is, but I would consider it a cull.

You can try e-mailing John at his regular e-mail : [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom