Lavender cuckoo easter egger

They look great! What are you feeding them? They look so shiny!

they are shiny, and that's part of what makes them hard to photograph! We use a feed mix from out local mill. Its 24% protein and has a lot of goodies in it. I like the mix because I can use it for my turkeys and ducks, and its great for my dual purpose birds like the Welsummers and Barnevelders.

Can I use a Blue Barred Rock girl under a Lavender Ameraucana Rooster or should I use a Black Barred girl.

And you don't want to use Rocks and have yellow skin popping up. At least the Marans were white skinned to start with.
But- if you could find one of those Rocks with the awesome, crisp, show quality barring, and pale skin....Maybe talk to Scott in GA (Yard Full O Rocks)

And you don't want to use Rocks and have yellow skin popping up. At least the Marans were white skinned to start with.
But- if you could find one of those Rocks with the awesome, crisp, show quality barring, and pale skin....Maybe talk to Scott in GA (Yard Full O Rocks)
I had one hatch out of some eggs this spring. I won a dozen show type barred rock eggs in a raffle this spring. They were weak chicks from the start so I ended up with 3 ccockerels. One looked like a great barred rock overall but the other 2 weren't so great, one had white wingbows and the other had white skin. I posted them here on BYC for a while before taking them to a trader, I was thinking the white skinned rooster would have been great for a barred orpington project because of the massive size, but looking back I realize he would have been good in this project as well

Back
Top Bottom