Lavender cuckoo easter egger

My first lavender cuckoo had slate legs.I will go out on a limb here and speculate a little.We have recrssive white in ameraucanas plus wild type [silver] striped chicks.Also wheaten is a varient of BB red [wild type].Soo what if we try using these in the project?A white x silver cross maybe .I have a few project silvers that are 1/4 light brn project 1/4 wheaten and 1/2 silver.I have some pullets also.Maybe one of these x white then x cuckoo.Anyone else willing to try one of these ideas.Maybe a bb red easter egger x white then cuckoo or Wheaten x white then cuckoo.
it its said that the recessive white on silkies is different from other recessive white, but if I were to suggest anything I would say use any of your cuckoo ameraucana progect roo over a white ameraucana hen and just that, see whats comes out of that, dont use silver or BB

it its said that the recessive white on silkies is different from other recessive white, but if I were to suggest anything I would say use any of your cuckoo ameraucana progect roo over a white ameraucana hen and just that, see whats comes out of that, dont use silver or BB
I will try white first.I wish to avoid the silkie cross.I have 2 barred pullets with slate legs.I will try a white ameraucana rooster over them.Sadly the barred cockerel I have changed to spotted legs over the past month.They will be 6 months November 5.Look ready to lay soon.Not a fan of winter chicks so early spring most likely.I know using a white rooster will only give barred cockerels but they already have slate legs.I will also try a barred rooster over white hens.

are they barred? because if thats the case, then oh boy...if not then thats just normal
No they aren't Lav Cuckoo, I am working on slate legs in my lav cuckoo. But the splits in the cuckoo breeding that are solid have darker slate shanks.I thought that is what you were asking about.
smile.png

I know someone that is using a crele penedesenca over a white empordanesa. the pictures of the birds I have been are nice orangish and dark brown with a little white. different bird I know

are white empordanesa recessive white? or dominant white?
I do not know as empordanesa are basically a white penedesenca ( only white in the us but come in red as well )

her is a pic of my white empordanesa though.

I was trying to think of a neat project to use with these as well as I have only 2 hens and a roo.
they lay a very dark egg as well

I do not know as empordanesa are basically a white penedesenca ( only white in the us but come in red as well )

her is a pic of my white empordanesa though.

I was trying to think of a neat project to use with these as well as I have only 2 hens and a roo.
they lay a very dark egg as well
they look dominant white to me.

Back
Top Bottom