lavender opringtons, 13/14 weeks old

barefoot7

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 27, 2012
Hi folks, I don't post here much, but I do need your opinions on my flock. I tried to get some head on shots and such and honestly it just got to be to hard. They kept escaping and I just thought maybe you could chicken gaze and notice is there was a colored band on the leg and let me know what you think. I am nervous that I have several roos, as of now there are three confirmed they are crowing. The two blacks and also, the larger lavender, blue band on him. The bands are yarn so it might be hard to see sorry!
I also was told that they were lavender, black, and mottled. I think I know which ones are mottled but tell me anything you like about them, their plumage how it might change or not if and when they molt, and if you think they are decent stock. The seller said, UK breed, so I don't know:) Thanks everyone! Also, when do orps usually lay? I have read 20-24 weeks but someone said as early as 16 weeks I thought....

my smallest boy, I know his stock and what he is:) Just a thank you for making it all the way to the end!

At this point I would think the ones with redder combs and wattles would be males. My buff orp first layed at about 20 weeks. I see a few definite males in there, but some of the pictures are hard to tell.

My guesses for cockerels are numbers 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, the black one behind number 15, 16, 17, 18, possibly 19 (I can't tell for sure), 23, 24. Just guesses mostly based on comb and wattle development though since I am not very experienced with this breed. The rest of them either look like pullets or I couldn't tell at all from what I could see in the picture. Hope that helps you a bit and I hope you are able to get some more experienced opinions on here. =)

Back
Top Bottom