Lavender orp - hen/roo

Would you be able to tell if a LO is a roo or not by 4 months? I bought two LO straight run that were hatched mid May, by mid June I was worried they were both roos and I was hoping for at least one of each, so I found a lavender pullet from another breeder who was 2 weeks older and a definite pullet.

Now they are 4 months old and I still can't tell if my original two are roos or not? I was comparing them to the one that was a definite pullet and now I'm wondering if perhaps it just that they are from two different breeders?

They do have more waddle and combs than the other, but no signs of crowing or other signs of them being a rooster? Shouldn't it be clear by now?

I will try to get photos of the three in question tonight.

Would you be able to tell if a LO is a roo or not by 4 months? I bought two LO straight run that were hatched mid May, by mid June I was worried they were both roos and I was hoping for at least one of each, so I found a lavender pullet from another breeder who was 2 weeks older and a definite pullet.

Now they are 4 months old and I still can't tell if my original two are roos or not? I was comparing them to the one that was a definite pullet and now I'm wondering if perhaps it just that they are from two different breeders?

They do have more waddle and combs than the other, but no signs of crowing or other signs of them being a rooster? Shouldn't it be clear by now?

I will try to get photos of the three in question tonight.
Post some pictures. 4 months is right one bubble for English Orpingtons.

Sorry the pictures are blurry I had to use my iphone and zoom in and I was in a rush...

Here is the one I know to be a Hen and she is two weeks older than these two.

And here they are all together.

Back
Top Bottom