lavender orphingtons

chefscott

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
not sure if this is the right section to post this bit i was looking for advice on how much you would expect to pay for lavender orphingtons: chicks and adults. i am considering buying some lavander chicks from a breeder and they are asking 25$ per chick straight run or 40$ once they are older. any thoughts on the price? and if i were to get a roo would it be easy to sell him and for how much because i cant keep roosters here. thanks for any advice!

No, it is not unusual to pay that much for Lavender Orpingtons. If it was HINKJC's birds, they are so worth the quality of their Orpingtons.

If you want to get cheaper than that, go for split Lavenders and what you get out of them you will get Lavenders.

Good luck!

I am in shock. I was willing to pay 5.00 each for my araucanas and considered myself lucky to find them and even think I might reproduce them to get back some of my investments, but 25.00 per unsexed chick?!! I guess if there is a market for it, they can charge that much, but you would have to want the birds really bad to pay that much for them. If I wanted them, I would get them, but get a very small amount and increase the flock from their eggs.

Quote:
I don't think I would pay that much unless I was getting HINKJC's latest batch. Some folks may be breeding and selling her Lavender Orpington Project birds as if they are not project birds. I did pay $10 or so an egg for the 2nd gen LOPs because I wanted them as layers in my flock.

HINKJC (the USA originator of the Lavs) is onto her 5th generation and when she says they are not project birds and wants to sell them for whatever... I'm buying.

Where are you considering buying chicks for $25 each? If they are from HINKJC, consider yourself lucky.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I got some from green fire farms and they are great, I have an extra pair and they should be laying anytime, the roo is a split and the hen is pure, I will take $50 for the pair, I paid $300 for ten eggs, if you know anything about greenfire farms you will agree they have excellent quality birds, let me know if you are interested as I will be posting them locally soon.

jeb251- would love to have a pair but cant have roos's where i live, would you just sell the hen? , Im in NC dont thin it would be good to ship a bird? guess it would be ok just havent hd any experience with it yet, the person i am getting them from is in nc, they might be project birds im not sure does that affect the price?

Around the $25/chick for the Lavender Orpingtons is a STEAL! I had a guy offer me $100 for a 7-month-old rooster with no hen.

I also see you are in NC, so the $25 price is a really good deal actually.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom