Lavender Orpington at 5 weeks male or female?

What do you think? I think she is a pullet, but still not sure.

Attachments

• 96DA9FE3-B305-4528-BFAE-BA8C2AB490DD.jpeg
    96DA9FE3-B305-4528-BFAE-BA8C2AB490DD.jpeg
    449.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 8B0DE5D2-0514-4B90-B139-4A388D5B9DA8.jpeg
    8B0DE5D2-0514-4B90-B139-4A388D5B9DA8.jpeg
    732.5 KB · Views: 48
I think she is a she and she is seven weeks and three days old now. What do you think? I think her comb is getting smaller for her head.
She just developed a very big comb at three days old and she was extremely friendly and still is, so I thought she was a rooster because that is what I have heard about roosters. I have heard that they are extremely friendly when young. Maybe it just is her breed and it is hard to tell them apart because of their large comb. She follows me everywhere and sits on my lap and always wants to be near me, maybe that is just the type of chicken she is.

Last edited:
She just developed a very big home at three days old and she was extremely friendly and still is, so I thought she was a rooster because that is what I have heard about roosters. I have heard that they are extremely friendly when young. Maybe it just is her breed and it is hard to tell them apart because of their large comb. She follows me everywhere and sits on my lap and always wants to be near me, maybe that is just the type of chicken she is.
Actually, all my chickens I got from Meyer Hatcheries are super friendly and follow me everywhere. I got six different breeds from them and the only chicken that is not friendly towards me is the one I got from my local feed store. All the chickens I got from Meyers are always constantly looking at everything I am doing! It's so cute!

Last edited:
Looks like a pullet to me! She's so pretty, she really grew into that comb, and it hasn't gotten any more coloring. Wattles haven't gotten any bigger either. My Lavender Orpingtons are by far my friendliest chickens. They come right to me begging for treats and then to be petted while they eat them lol.
Thank you for asking, just posted some pics. What do you think?[/QUOT

Back
Top Bottom