Lavender Orpington- hen vs roo?

Misskristeen

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2022
I have 2 lavender Orpingtons. They are roughly 8-9 weeks old. I pretty sure the darker one is a hen, but the lighter one with a longer tail and with bigger, and more red combs could possibly be a roo? Do lavender Orpington roosters get green tail feathers? At this age, my previous roosters were definitely identifiable as roosters. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3056.jpeg
    IMG_3056.jpeg
    642.1 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3058.jpeg
    IMG_3058.jpeg
    689.1 KB · Views: 101
Hello!

I believe the bird in the first picture is a pullet, and the one in the second is a cockerel. Others may have a different opinion, but that’s what I think :)

Hello!

I believe the bird in the first picture is a pullet, and the one in the second is a cockerel. Others may have a different opinion, but that’s what I think :)
That’s what I think as well. I can’t keep the rooster, so if they’re a pair, I don’t want to split them up.

12 weeks maybe? I would keep them till they crow, and sell them for $10 each if a rooster...
They should start crowing soon. My Easter egger rooster started at 8 weeks and my 2 random bantam roosters also started right at 8 weeks. Expecting him to crow any morning now. Thank you for your input!

Back
Top Bottom