Lavender Orpington project ....

Does anyone know where in north east Pennsylvania there are Lavender Orpington chicks for sale? I am really wanting one (or two, three!)! Any info would be greatly appreciated!
big_smile.png
I am probably going to the Bloomsburg Sale on this Sat. I have chicks hatching but all that I will sell are already promised. The fellow is suppose to pick them up there and he is going to resell the chicks. He may sell you one or two depends what I have to sell him. Not many.

Thank you for the info! I will have to see what our day looks like, we may have to take a ride to Bloomsburg!

Your birds are beautiful!! Any chance you might sell some offspring?

Hi,

Not sure who you are talking to? I myself am new to this whole forum thing, it's a lot to figure out. One thing someone told me is, when you are talking to a certain person use the quote button, then it is clear who you are talking to. I don't know much yet, but it helped me.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi,

Not sure who you are talking to? I myself am new to this whole forum thing, it's a lot to figure out. One thing someone told me is, when you are talking to a certain person use the quote button, then it is clear who you are talking to. I don't know much yet, but it helped me.:)  

Sorry, new to this too! Actually I meant to have the reply go to you, hopefully I have the hang of it. Your pics of your birds are amazing...

Sorry, new to this too! Actually I meant to have the reply go to you, hopefully I have the hang of it. Your pics of your birds are amazing...

Ah, I had a long post and hit the wrong thing and lost it all. Whatever you do, if you hit Preview before you submit DON"T just try and fix your errors it all just goes away. That is the second time that has happened. For me, it works best if I submit first then change any mistakes, hopefully I will remember that next time. Anyway I had rambled on and on.
smile.png
Oh well, I am going to try to figure out something someone had told me about to see if I can figure it out.

Oh, thanks! I sent you a pm.

Last edited:
We have 5 3-week old Lavender Orpington chicks. One of them has a dark beak and legs. Does this mean he is a black cross? Is there anyway to tell males from females at 1 week old or so? I think we can tell now just because two of them are much larger. But I would love to know for the future.

We have had backyard chickens for 6 years now, but are just getting into the different breeds and thinking about doing some breeding. We did raise 3 Mil De Fleur, Frizzles last year.

I'm having a hard time telling my lavender chicks apart from my blue chicks :th this is my first time hatching b/b/s and lavs. I'm not sure if my lavs are dark, or my blues are light. Or if I'm slightly color blind!

I'll have to take pictures tomorrow when we have some daylight.

Back
Top Bottom