Lavender Orpington project ....

I just sold 30 birds to make room for more modern game and my wife forbid me to sell that pullet lol she's very pretty! I sold her mom but what it was is when I baught her at auction the woman told me she had been around a lavender orp roo so I hatched her first egg and wasn't disappointed with the mix but decided not to breed her in any project settings because I have a huge project in the works that nobody has done and when I get them to breed true I'll share it

It's kind of weird for you it as a "lavender" example when its not correct coloring. Ha ha. And mine is "self blue" hunny pie

Gold leakage is very common. I know how to fix it, do you? I chose him because he has superior type. "Type" first, then tweak the color, that's the easy part. Breeding 101.

It has a nice body I'll admit but the comb and color are not a good example. So your entire argument is that my birds arent lavender, because of his color. Then that means the same for you. I'm guessing he breeds true so we are on equal playing fields. Unless your admiting that lavender is based on the genetic background rather than image...

It has a nice body I'll admit but the comb and color are not a good example. So your entire argument is that my birds arent lavender, because of his color. Then that means the same for you. I'm guessing he breeds true so we are on equal playing fields. Unless your admiting that lavender is based on the genetic background rather than image...

No, not at all. Lavender is Lavender, it's not Blue. Someone looks at my Lavenders and they don't for one second mistake it for a Blue. His comb was damaged pretty good in a fight with another roo. Adding Silver gene into the line is going to fix the gold leakage, next generation, it's clear:)

ha ha adding silver you mean adding in the LAVENDER BECAUSE HE IS NOT LAVENDER. Based on your posts on your profile your an novice chicken breeder so call me when you graduate with a genetic degree. Last time I'm saying this "self blue". Have a great life!

Maybe I can help here, everyone has projects, everyone is a critic, every project has dead ends and areas that need work ( rome wasn't built in a day ) and many new strains and colors were started by introducing something else plus you CAN NOT start a new breed without crossing breeds or it wouldn't be a new breed at all... Critics are good because it keeps you motivated however know it alls are bad because most of the time they are closed minded and usually wrong but stick to they're guns, it could be worse someone could lie and say something is pure when its not! so everyone just take the bad with the good and try not to be so harsh to fellow flockers because we are the dieing breed

Maybe I can help here, everyone has projects, everyone is a critic, every project has dead ends and areas that need work ( rome wasn't built in a day ) and many new strains and colors were started by introducing something else plus you CAN NOT start a new breed without crossing breeds or it wouldn't be a new breed at all... Critics are good because it keeps you motivated however know it alls are bad because most of the time they are closed minded and usually wrong but stick to they're guns, it could be worse someone could lie and say something is pure when its not! so everyone just take the bad with the good and try not to be so harsh to fellow flockers because we are the dieing breed
For reall!! Holy smokes!! I am new to this thread as I just picked up my first little lav orp this weekend...and holy smokes there is a lot if rudeness on here!! One of my favorite things about raising chickens is finding other chicken friends and learning from them. This thread just seems harsh!

I was trying to help someone out at first, then it turned into a slugfest, lol.

I have no ill will towards anyone, especially someone on a computer screen.

Thanks for the post to correct my poor behavior, I needed it. (It's a Blue Orp though!!)

Back
Top Bottom