Lavender Orpington project ....

I was told by the breeder that it is a mottling gene that pops up now and then and the chick will be lavender. It is growing in lavender wing feathers. Does any one know more about this? Im just curious about the genetics

ok i just happened across this and for a year now i have been trying to find the breed of a few of my chickens, i have a year old gray looking rooster who looks just like this one i mean he is identical however i don't know what size of bird this one is and mine is very small, very small the little guy is probably 9 to 10 inches tall is that. I know he is bantam but not sure on what breed of bantam. Hoping you might be able to help. I bought them from TSC last year during chick days and of course they are truly clueless as to what they have, i was told my orange chicks where Rhoda island reds and 1 of 4 turned out to be the other 3 well the jury is still out because as soon as i see what i think is the breed i see another breed that looks the same or very similar, they are a orangish red and white speckled bird and very very friendly

OSUman, care to explain "self blue phenotype" and "Heterozygous blue" for those that don't understand?

I believe this is what you're talking about, right...

LightBlue.jpg

This bird is Andalusian Blue, but lacks lacing.
this the bird I'm referring to in my previous comment that i meant to quote not just replay

Can someone help me out I have a lavender rooster that is 8 months now and I want to breed him to my lavender hen I got with him. I purchased him and the hen from the same women when they were 3 days old and I think he turned out great I need to take some better pictures but this is overall does he seem like a good breeding rooster

Ok I have been trying to. Figure out what breed my roosterling is and he looks just like this fellow but yours looks bigger he is a tiny guy and is a year old is he a lavender orph or what?

here is,another one of him I bought them at TSC but they never know what's what in there at least not the ppl working in ours

Could you get SOme close ups of him and he could be a bantam you could always look through the breed thing on here and see if any look like him that's what I did for one of my roosters.

Back
Top Bottom