Lavender Orpington project ....

yes, thank you. Lock down is TUESDAY, woo hoo hoo, can't wait
fl.gif

YAY for your first eggs
smile.png
How old are your girls? We started with BR and EE's and I'll never forget the first egg. Then we got two Brown Leghorns and I was so excited to see our first white egg.

Mine are 23 weeks, and I think only one is laying so far! I got eggs from my golden comets in July when they were only 17 weeks so they spoiled me! All 8 of them were laying by 20 weeks. I know orpingtons are slow to lay though. Even my bantam cochin started laying last week at 19 weeks (although I've still only gotten one soft egg and one hard egg from her!) Still love my LOs though!!
Can't wait to see pics of your little fluff butts. They are the cutest chicks ever!

Mine are 23 weeks, and I think only one is laying so far! I got eggs from my golden comets in July when they were only 17 weeks so they spoiled me! All 8 of them were laying by 20 weeks. I know orpingtons are slow to lay though. Even my bantam cochin started laying last week at 19 weeks (although I've still only gotten one soft egg and one hard egg from her!) Still love my LOs though!!
Can't wait to see pics of your little fluff butts. They are the cutest chicks ever!

Sad to report things don't look real good for fluffy butts. Last night was lock down and I culled 5 eggs, 3 quitters and 2 clears. 10 left and they don't look real promising
sad.png
Hoping to get at least one or two
fl.gif

If anyone is in the SW Missouri Area, I have (2) 6 month old LO roosters and (1) 5 month old. I just asked my husband to take some pictures of them. I will post them soon. I would like $30 a piece for them. I will drive 50 miles to meet someone if necessary. I'll also post pics of their parents.

Last edited:
Hi this is my first pair of Lav. I have two questions. First, is there something wrong with their feathers to look so rough or could it by the coccidia I just treated them for? Second, how do I need to breed them to darken their color (14 weeks in picture)

Back
Top Bottom