Lavender Orpington project ....

I don't see any Isabel. Is this a case of different wording for the same color? I see Porcelain on that link. Chooks - are you working on porcelain too? If so, that's terrific. I think it will look beautiful on a large fowl.

Quote:
I think Cream is also a name used for Isabel in some breeds/countries.

On post #14 on this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=3992018 you'll see Isabel on bantams- Imagine that on Orps!

I'm now working with buffs I got from you, btw, as I hatched a couple of little pullets from those eggs I got from you, so, while it will be a while, I like their shape and they will be going into the mix.

I'm also bringing some blood from GIANT Orps. I can hardly believe the size of these guys...it's going to be a year before I get them into the Lavender gene, but I'm working there. It will be a couple of months before I'm even hatching F2s to get the right chicks to move forward for the Isabel. I've put the F1s into a few other folks' hands, so it may be a joint effort.

I just really want that look.

If I do move forward with the Porcelain, it will be at least a year to get the right F2s. I'm just putting together the pen now...

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
The heat got to two of my good split hens and my up and coming lavender cockerel yesterday...
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Quote:
Yes, you can use them as a 4H project. However, if you enter them in a poultry show, only the standard variety of Self Blue can be used. The Standard does not yet accept Lavender. You also can only win "any other variety" and can not win Best of Breed.

I was goin to use them for showmanship possibly because I could say they are a lavender split and go into how to get lavender orps and the works... so I can try to win grand champ in showmanship this year.

Back
Top Bottom