Lavender Orpington project ....

Anyone dying for a Lavender, I'll have some little cockerels to dispose of soon. I'm guessing I'll have 6 or more, and I'll ship them for the shipping plus $10 box fee when weather permits. I will want to send them in at least pairs, and will silent auction to the 3 highest bidders- just to cover my feed, really...I don't expect them to go for much. I'll probably be certain of sex in another week or two, so I'm taking 3 names: NOW!

Can you just imagine the furor that would have occurred a year ago if someone did this?
hide.gif

Quote:
I'm looking for new hen blood at the moment. If you want to ship me a trio 2 hen and 1 roo I'll pay and take them off your hands
wink.png
That's if my budget allows me after I buy this new laptop I just ordered for the farm.

Quote:
How cute! DH calls these "Cha-Chingers" since they are surely the most I've spent for chicks to date!

Batty I'm soo excited Out of all the eggs I put in the bator ALL of my Lav Orp's are fertile and going strong. Hatch date for the 26th!!! I'm getting really excited...

Quote:
Please put me on the list if you have some extra mottle lavs..
fl.gif
big_smile.png

Will do- I haven't had any that hatch looking like Sarah's mottleds- I'm getting the juvy feathers with mottling and so I think I just have carriers at this point, but I'm banding them all for future reference. Still hatching, though!

Beth G. :

Quote:
How cute! DH calls these "Cha-Chingers" since they are surely the most I've spent for chicks to date!

Batty I'm soo excited Out of all the eggs I put in the bator ALL of my Lav Orp's are fertile and going strong. Hatch date for the 26th!!! I'm getting really excited...​

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah they are cute! You have 2 blacks here at my place to add to those. I am toying with the idea of firing up the bator again but this humidity and the poor duckie hatch I had are causing me to stew on it a bit more. grrrrrrr

Ok, made a photo album on FB.......let em know if you can see it.
http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=privacy#!/album.php?aid=2075039&id=1162474515

Here is my chicks from this morning all fluffed up and irritated that I took pics before feeding!

21675_lav_chicks_241.jpg

21675_lav_chicks_242.jpg

21675_lav_chicks_244.jpg

21675_lav_chicks_237.jpg

21675_lav_chicks_236.jpg

Oh and I took some pics of the polish/orps. I guess I'm supposed to come up with some ridiculous kitschy name? How's about Polingtons? or Orpish?? LOL!
21675_lav_chicks_220.jpg

21675_lav_chicks_223.jpg

21675_lav_chicks_222.jpg

21675_lav_chicks_215.jpg

Wiley little buggers wouldn't stand still.......

Back
Top Bottom