Lavender Orpington project ....

Quote:
LOL! So in other words, we don't know yet!
lol.png
Ok, I'll be patient.
smile.png
I still have 1-3 months to go before a) crowing or b) egg laying. *sigh*

Quote:
Just wanted to add I have found this to be very true. I hatched 4 LO chicks and they all were painfully slow feathering and stubby tails. Past experience with other breeds said roos and I was really disappointed. To my surprise I ended up with one roo and three pullets. Whoo hoo!

Ok, so I'm watching the "cha-chingers" grow and I'm wondering if I got a boy...I really really need it to be a boy. I have added pics to the FB album, but these are the two I'm wondering about.........

They are the last two sets of pics.......
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2075039&id=1162474515

They are a bit over 2 months old and are in with two blacks from another hatch (two weeks younger)

Last edited:
Sarah, I think that first one looks more boyish to me. I have a couple that I believe are males with lighter red combs, but the same size as the rest of the boys. He reminds me of those.

Jody or Charlie - Have a question maybe one of you have experience with... I have discovered that one of my split blacks is feathering in with what looks like mottling on her chest?? I have hatched several batches this year from the same group and have not run across this yet. Chick was born black and not yellow with spots like I have seen other mottled chicks so is this just a temporary mottling?? Legs appear pretty dark, still some pink on toes but I figure that will go away with age.
hu.gif
I will try and get a few pictures later this afternoon.

Last edited:
Okay, I've been looking really hard at my peeps. I know they're only 10 days old, so these are just predictions based on my observations...I'm fairly certain one of the SL is a cockeral. He's the biggest of the 4, has really thick legs compared to the other three and seems to be showing a little rooish behavior. One of the other SL is small, seems very girly to me and has very slender legs. The third SL and the lavender are right in the middle...not really big yet not small either. I'm leaning towards boy on the SL but ???? the lavender.
Soooo.... I think I have 2 SL cockerals, a SL pullet, and the lavender to be determined.
wink.png

Let's see if I'm right.

Quote:
Hey,
How are the eggs doing in the bator? My other BYC'r I shipped to hatched out two so far. I have pipps on the 20th day of eggs in my bator but, they are of all different breeds. I'll attach pic.
61583_emvickrey_chick.jpg

Keep me posted and fingers are crossed
fl.gif

My girls are not laying as much do to going through a molt!
TTYL,
Beth
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom