Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
DSC_0069.jpg

Nice job CJ! -- what a good-looking chicken.
Wow the new BYC seems to have HD pictures -- bigger, brighter and better. -- Meanwhile I'm still struggling with an internet problem - alas. There's always something.

Seems like I'm seeing two distinct Phenotypes of the juvenile barred-females... Will try to get some picts before weekend. - Not enough males old enough to see different phenotypes.
For sure the females are lav/lav and B/- -- Could the same genotype express different phenotypes -- ? :confused:

P1050021.JPG

Well how do you like that? You CAN cut and paste picts with the new BYC. :yesss:

These are the parent Isabels that have moved to their next home. These two females are showing the adult plumage of the two pheno-types that I'm seeing develop EXCEPT, the pullets that I have here have a barring gene.
Basically the foreground female has the more light neck-hackles and the darker body and the background female has the lighter body and the darker neck-hackles.
Gotta hop to the feed store now the chick-feed sack is empty.

I waited too long to take new pics and check bands and they've all fallen off but one. :barnie :hit

Put the babies on grass today. We are DESPERATE for a grow out pen. I'll get pics and try to match them to their band colors. Hope y'all want to help. :D

I waited too long to take new pics and check bands and they've all fallen off but one. :barnie :hit

Put the babies on grass today. We are DESPERATE for a grow out pen. I'll get pics and try to match them to their band colors. Hope y'all want to help. :D
I'm ready...although I can't say your should listen to anything i have to say! :lau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom