Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
4 Boys left last wk end and I didn't snap picts. One had that same crest -- peach colored longer center feather and two rounder lavender feathers - one on each side. Still have that one little guy here that started the trend.

We had 3 1/2 inches come down and there was a bit of pandemonium in the pens. Silver Jackson got out (of the play-pen)-- and so since I caught him, I tried to get some snaps. He did 1. turn out to be male and 2. looks to be growing bars on his plumage. Yay. But
P1060361.JPG
3. Also looks like he is going to have a crest.

The pewter color of the eye - I think is the transition color on its way to yellow. Have one pullet here with lavender eye --
P1060362.JPG

I'm thinking this is the expression of a single cresting gene and the wonderful little guy that CJ posted a few posts back is double crested.

P1060382.JPG
Background pullet is single crested foreground non-crested and these two are the pheontype more like the darker body and the lighter hackles -- but in this rain-light it doesn't show the same way it does in post #547,
P1060378.JPG
This pullet, the other phenotype, darker hackles. Wow -- notice how much her comb and face are reddening.

Here are a couple more -
P1060372.JPG

Bart: getting color, showing barring and keeping his duckwing -- all admirable achievements - behind him Barbara and Pearl.
P1060373.JPG

Barbara, she's the dark hackles demo in the above post. These are my first 3 lavender-patterned Isabels hatched here, and Bart and Barbara are barred.

P1060370.JPG
here you can see two different pullet/juveniles that show the two phenotypes that I'm seeing -- dark head and hackles and lighter head and hackles. Pict is out-of-focus, sorry -- but the colors/pattern are discernable from it.

BTW - I like to worm pullets a bit before their first egg is due, and I use a pour-on based on weight. Bart weighed 4.5, Pearl 4 and Barbara 3.5 pounds.

Last edited:
Ok, I put numbered bands on the isabels and the numbers are already running off! :barnie Please ignore the poop. They are beyond ready to be out of that brooder and sleep in a big pile. :oops:

#1 (I think was Mr. Pink)
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom