Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Agreed, they are very distinctive and apealing. I follow your logic about the flock mix too.

I will keep some crested here -- (Silver Jackson, and the one female from Twin I) --- I may look into following your path and have crested and non -- :confused: Focus for me right now is non. :)
ETA - when I enlarged that pullet photo -- you know exactly what thought came into my head? Yep, THIS needs to go on the next BYC calendar. It's just excellent and what a great subject she is.

When I click on the pict to enlarge Mme. P. pullet, across the bottom of my screen are a series of other photos from this thread. (thumbnails)--- Much easier to reference a photo from earlier in the thread...
:wee
They may be getting close to finishing fixing/adding back all the pictures!!!!

When you want to quote you hit this quote button
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 7.52.10 AM.png
in the post you want to quote. THEN you need to hit the Insert Quotes button in your reply post
Screen Shot 2017-05-26 at 7.53.25 AM.png
....if you have selected more then one quote a new screen will pop open and you can select which ones you want to use for that reply.

They may be getting close to finishing fixing/adding back all the pictures!!!!

When you want to quote you hit this quote button View attachment 1018414 in the post you want to quote. THEN you need to hit the Insert Quotes button in your reply post View attachment 1018431....if you have selected more then one quote a new screen will pop open and you can select which ones you want to use for that reply.
Thank you -- you are a genius. :thumbsup

Beautiful black breast on #1 - Great barring on #2 & #3. IMO #2 looks the most like the average CL male -- a bit darker and more red showing but the plumage pattern is reminiscent. Two pullets with little crests starting. awwww -- so cute. Love their salmon breast feathers.
Thanks for great picts.

BTW - Someone once told me something that really makes sense. It's about taste. Some folks like one thing, some like another. The example was coffee. Way back in the day everyone drank coffee. He said 'some people like their coffee with cream, some don't, some like it black, some people add sugar'. - everyone has their own taste (as in preference). Yes, it is pretty basic, -- One of the many things I don't understand is why everyone wants everyone else to think exactly like they do -- (we all have no choice except coffee with sugar for example.)

Sooooooooo when I say I don't want crests (particularly) -- that doesn't mean at all that they aren't beyond fine for someone else. Same with crests on Cream Legbars -- although to me a lot of nice CLs are 'ruined' by big crests (males should have just a tuft, IMO - and the original CL that Punnett introduced at the London Dairy show had just a little tuft on the female - from what I can tell from the picture) -- so there you have it -- It could be all a matter of taste.
1947FemaleCreamLegbar copy.jpg

Punnett's CL female in 1947.
Can you even imagine the criticism this hen would get from today's CL enthusiasts?:lau

Out the door yesterday - 16 chicks! Some from brooder not even outdoors yet, but at 4-weeks they were pretty much sexable just by comb. They've been off the heat a long time.
Jack will be ready for his thrid legband - and today I need to change one on his sister...they are zip tied. One chick from the final hatch has the kind that CampingShaws used and I think it is about to disintegrate. I thought I was done...but a broody is now on some CL eggs -- by coincidence the only fertile eggs on the place - because the other egg layers are roosterless.

The heat index here yesterday afternoon was 107-degrees. :eek:
Get ready folks in the South.

Kiki'sgirls- did you get my 'conversation' (in old BYC a PM) about Thursday - June 1st? Please let me know if you did or not. :)

Everyone have a great Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom