Lavender Silkie Question

Here is a pic of my lavender cockerel at about 4 months of age. I'll get updated pics tomorrow and post.

9079_lav_cockerel_4_months-2.jpg

Edited to add this picture of him beside a white silkie so you can appreciate the color difference.

9079_img00158.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OldTimergator, I saw that photo earlier when you posted it looking for a mate. Have you found one yet? He is a very pretty boy.

I thought when I picked this boy us that he looked more like a Splash. Not trying to say anything bad about the fellow I bought him from at all. He is beautiful but I am not at all sure after all these postings where the Lavender come into play. I trust that the Seller would not have misrepresented him so I will do as advised and breed him to black and see what pops up. He could only be a split, and that is fine too. I am not entirely sure how they got that but there are reams of stuff I don't understand. That is what make this place so great as a learning tool.

I think you may be right that he meant split to lavender. If that's the case, you should come up with some nice babies!! He is a lovely cockbird.

My boy is "dancing" but not breeding yet...WTH?? He's 8 months old for pity sakes!! I do hope he isn't gay...he does seem very fond of the cuckoo cockerel that he lives with...along with a black hen. And, I must say, the cuckoo cockerel returns the fondness...
roll.png

My cochins were trying to breed everything in site from 3 months of age
big_smile.png

Jaynie,
Did you ever go to Fawkes Silkies site. She has had Lavender silkies for several years and has some nice photos. I had some of her lavender silkies and they were very good quality. HS

LOL, Oldtimegator, My cochins have been like that also. I always read they were slow to develop, not so my boys. My buff Silkie roo was a slow poke in becoming interested in the girls, It was 7 months.

I have a buff girl that is 9 months old and has not laid an egg yet. She just hops around and begs for treats.

Thanks for the Photo Silkieluver. I have seen lots of pictures of Lavender birds I just was unsure if they ever came out differently, LOL color me an optimist.

Back
Top Bottom