Lavender

I'm trying to. Bought seeds and no sprouting yet
sad.png

I'm trying some English lavender this year, but I'm beginning with a start I got at a nursery. My mom has grown it before in our yard, and it pulled a disappearing act - not sure why. I would love to try French lavender, if I can ever find some.

I've had lavender buds in homemade marshmallows, but I prefer it more for its aromatherapeutic properties. Lavender can help with depression, which is something I'm prone to. I usually just use the dried buds in a sachet, but I also like sprinkling some in hot chocolate
smile.png

We have a few different Lavenders growing, but I really don't use them for much other than a few flowers now and then.

I have the basic fern leaf, a spanish and a few I lost the tags too.

I decided to be more specific with the ones I am planting and went and got some English Lavenders and realized, they were not marked as to which English Lavender!! ooops

I also plan on Provence and Grosso, hoping my English is Munstead

Lavender creme brulee is fabulous. (I've never made it myself but have had it at a restaurant) It also can be used in jams/jellies. If I remember correctly, I saw a champagne lavender jelly that sounded really good.

I don't have anything to help on growing it though. It's on my wish list for when we can landscape our front yard. (especially now that we have bees, they LOVE lavender)

Last edited:
One thing, the chickens have left the fern leaf lavender alone when I moved one to their side of the fence.

Between the veggies, the flowers and the berry vines, we have TONS of bees. From honey to bumble and the hummingbirds.

Ooooh, Happy Chooks, that sounds delicious. I wonder if you could mix the buds in with something like banana bread or poppy seed muffins?

I've had the hardest time trying to grow lavender from seed. This year I bought some seedlings. I hope they keep!

Back
Top Bottom