Laws for Dallas, Georgia

The last I check , Paulding county only requires 2 acres min.
I don't know where they got the 4.84 acre min.

300 feet from the front and 200 feet from all others. The zoning commissioner mailed me a copy last week and made me get rid of my birds. 208 square feet is one acre.

Hey,
The setbacks you have should be correct.

But just to let you know, 1 acre = 43560 square feet.
And I'm pretty sure the zoning ordinance said 2 acres.
I called them about some land I was looking out there not too long ago...

what area of Dallas do u live?
we r moving to a 3 acres land n i was wondering if i can raise chickens
i live in a subdivision and i have around 25 hens no problems or complains so far

but i just wanted to b sure

they are after my two ducks now. got a notice on friday and they want them gone right after Christmas. These are domesticated ducks that have been hand-raised. Is there anyway to fight "city hall". I am not using these ducks to breed, nor for their eggs.

whoa this is crazy. When we talk about backyard chickens in california we have lots are less than 0.1 acres! I have 20 chickens which is allowed and even with very difficult neighbors we haven't heard of any problems.

I hope we can have some data for tolerance in our environment so you guys can bring that to your city councils. If we allow them on less than 0.1 acres, you guys with acres should be allowed chickens. I don't see why people can have guns but they can't have chickens.

To Candace D
Did you battle this or get rid of chickens? I'm just now in same boat. Have had my girls for 4 years and my neighbor was getting cited for their junk and I think I got caught in the cross fire. Wanting to protest, even for the $$, but want a better insurance that I might win for the cause.

Let me know if you took on this challenge or any suggestions.

Thanks
Jenn

Back
Top Bottom