layena feed

I start all my birds on Purina crumbles at 18 weeks. That's all they get other than what the wife puts out for them. Grapes, watermelon, cantaloupe, or anything of that nature. The rooster gets the same thing. If he doesn't like it or gets decrepit, in the pot he'll go. So far he's been with me 3 years and hasn't fussed yet. All I do is keep him some hens and he keeps a smile on his beak.

I warned him about the pot and I thinks he remembers.

I've only been a "Mother Hen" 13 months but I can tell you this.... you may want to feed your hens FEATHER FIXER at the beginning of the molting season because #1 they will go thru it faster and
#2 it has "mite fighter" in it!

Go on line and it will tell you how it prevents mites in your poultry! We just bought a 40-pound bag today to help my girls get thru this awful process and to help fend off any future mites as they are just getting over a mite infestation!

We use the Omega 3 feed like you do but they don't like crumbles so we buy the pellets. That's the best for my hens!

Hope this helps and best of luck! :frow

Linda V in NC
FEATHER FIXER WITH MIGHT FIGHTER...png

I've only been a "Mother Hen" 13 months but I can tell you this.... you may want to feed your hens FEATHER FIXER at the beginning of the molting season because #1 they will go thru it faster and
#2 it has "mite fighter" in it!

Go on line and it will tell you how it prevents mites in your poultry! We just bought a 40-pound bag today to help my girls get thru this awful process and to help fend off any future mites as they are just getting over a mite infestation!

We use the Omega 3 feed like you do but they don't like crumbles so we buy the pellets. That's the best for my hens!

Hope this helps and best of luck! :frow

Linda V in NC
View attachment 1103427
That is what my 16 month old hens got starting at 16 weeks by mixing it 50/50 with Start & Grow crumbles, for 2 weeks. Then straight Feather Fixer till about 6 weeks ago. The last time I went to buy feed, the Feather Fixer was 7 weeks old. The Omega 3 was 3 weeks old. I went with the freshest, because I only have 5 hens. I will be buying feed soon and if the Naturewise is less than a month old, I will buy. GC

I feed my girls Purina Layena along with oyster shells. So they don't need the extra?
Extra what? Protein or Omega 3?
I like to feed the extra Protein 18% in Feather Fixer, but I also need to buy as close to mill date as I can, because I only have 5 hens. That is the only pelleted feed at TSC that's 18/20% protein. GC

Extra what? Protein or Omega 3?
I like to feed the extra Protein 18% in Feather Fixer, but I also need to buy as close to mill date as I can, because I only have 5 hens. That is the only pelleted feed at TSC that's 18/20% protein. GC
I'm sorry, my mind is faster than my fingers and I thought I typed in calcium.

I'm sorry, my mind is faster than my fingers and I thought I typed in calcium.
I feed a layers feed, but I've learned that during the summer my girls don't eat enough feed to get the calcium they need. So I also offer them oyster shell in a separate container.
My girls also free range 2 hours before sunset daily, weather permitting. GC

My poor rooster still has gout & it's getting worse. Lowered the protein in feed but it just does not cut it. Going to begin today with NO feed diet. Something I am scared to do cause I want my flock of 4 to get all they need. Gonna start by giving them foods with Omegas cause I heard it helps heal. Any other feed alternatives suggested would be helpful. They get 2 hours of free range a day too.

Back
Top Bottom