Laying Egg with no shell

I too found a rubber egg today. Not in the nesting box but in the litter in the hen house. I am not sure when it was laid. I am assuming that it may have been yesterday because it was covered with ants. Then today I had a new egg, different than all the others. I have six hens and I had suspected that one was not laying yet as all the others seem similar....yet different from each other. Today's new egg was slightly more yellowish brown and speckled. So far i have never has 6 eggs in one day. When that happens I will know they are all making me proud. So glad you have posted your experiences as well as this is so helpful.

I got my first egg without a shell today.. Weird. I think it was the RIR. She has only laid one other egg and it was a double yolk with a decent shell...

I think I just found my first rubber egg today. It looked a bit different that eggs that have shell. The egg white were really like Jello, really thick. It looked like it had been step on so the yolk was broken....So hope it's a rubber egg and not one of my chicken eating her eggs again. Their was not shell at all any were. In past my egg eater would, leave a little shell if not most of it. My chicken are still really new layers, and it sounds like it can be normal.

When my coronation sussex started to lay I would find gloopy things hanging from the perches. I would not even consider eating those, for fear of salmonella . It took about 3 weeks for everything to balance out and now they lay beautiful eggs every day
1f60a.png

I have the same issues. Have 4 or 5 pullets that should have started laying about the same time I started finding eggs with no shell, paper thin shells and then no membrane at all shell. Freaked out because I thought something was wrong with my chickens. Out of 28 hens and/or pullets, I am only getting 4 or 5 eggs a day and my chickens are very pampered, misters, fans, ice in their daily water, mix my own scratch, 28% protein gamebird feed and their coop is cleaned every morning before 9:00 a.m. They free range in a large fenced yard and get the bugs, grasshoppers and whatever else crosses their paths along with fruit peelings and veggie scraps. I don't think it is entirely the North Texas heat keeping them from laying, but the rubber eggs?

I think there's something in the air.....Today I found our first and hopefully last a rubber outer " broken " and the rest of the egg in the middle of the run.. Am I doing something wrong ? Do they need more John Wayne " True Grit "

PLEASE could someone offer me some advise.

Many Thanks

Craig

AKA Crazyeecraig

i went in my coop and hens ran out and i didnt see who did it but 1 laid an egg with absolutly No shell not a rubber shell no shell at all 4 of my hens have been laying for 2 months now but 1 hen my only banty hasnt yet and should be if its her first is this normal? or if it was another hen is it normal?

I went to close up my coop tonight and check on my flock and I noticed that one hen was real fluffy I run my had down her back a flop on the ground goes a rubber egg from the roost and one laying busted on the ground.she is buff/comet mix .I should of put a band or something to identify her on her leg.

Back
Top Bottom