Lazy Chicken?

BunnyHen

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 25, 2012
My 4 month old female chicken isn't eating dinner and is sitting under a tree while the others are gobbling up the food. Anything wrong?

My chickens have food available all the time. Maybe yours found all the good stuff and is not hungry. So long as she looks and acts normally otherwise, I would just bide my time.

Chris

My 4 month old female chicken isn't eating dinner and is sitting under a tree while the others are gobbling up the food. Anything wrong?

Sounds like my kinda chicken!
big_smile.png

My chickens have food available all the time. Maybe yours found all the good stuff and is not hungry. So long as she looks and acts normally otherwise, I would just bide my time.
i agree! just give them food all the time, she might just want food at other times, also if she is free ranging the whole day, she is probably filled up on bugs and stuff!

Actually, I always worry when a hen isn't an active eater. If she comes barreling out of the coop in the morning ready to eat, then you're probably okay. If she takes off by herself and doesn't investigate when the other hens find good things to eat, then I'd definitely worry. Is she laying yet? Perhaps it's a simple issue that she's decided her nest if over there and she's hiding eggs.

we have a chicken who is not as active as the other girls but she eats and comes when mealworms are out. we just think she is lazy
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom