1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Lazy Ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Oddyse, May 25, 2011.

1. Oddyse

Oddyse Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Hey guys, I put my ducks in their run for the first time today! They ran around for about 3 minutes and ever since they have just been sat in one spot chilling out! I was expecting them to be running around going crazy! Is this normal? [​IMG]

2. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    how old are they and what type?

3. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    they are just over 4 weeks old now, they are khaki cambells, two little beautiful girls. [​IMG]

4. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    It's perfectly normal I think! They're only babies and probably get tired very easily [​IMG] I found that my ducks actually spent quite a lot of time sitting down when they were younger. Once they hit like 14-16 weeks and were close to being mature then they became a lot more active, especially once they were going on trips outside!

5. Oddyse

May 21, 2011
    Bristol
    Aw that's good news then! They look like they are happy doing what they are doing so il let them get on with it I guess. [​IMG]

6. DurhamDuck

DurhamDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, Connecticut
    Our ducklings are just over 4 weeks old now too. They are pretty active when they are outside, but there are 10 of them plus 2 geese. I think having so many keeps them active and moving a lot. But once they swim and dig up the ground they seem to tire themselves out and all huddle together for a power-nap before they start all over again!
    [​IMG]

7. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    My ducks rest a lot during the day(especially since it's gotten hot), but they PAAARRRRRTTTTTTYYYYY at night. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by