Lazy Layers or Unhealthy

I have a small flock (6 hens). Four of them are just not laying at all or extremely rarely. They are four years old. I have two that lay just fine. They are two years old. Question: Are my four year olds done??? They all have access to the same food and water. None of their combs are bright. Is there any way to get them laying again? Not sure what to do.

I have a small flock (6 hens). Four of them are just not laying at all or extremely rarely. They are four years old. I have two that lay just fine. They are two years old. Question: Are my four year olds done??? They all have access to the same food and water. None of their combs are bright. Is there any way to get them laying again? Not sure what to do.
Please post pictures of each and corresponding pictures of poop. What are the Breeds?
Depending where you live, they may not be getting enough daylight yet as the winter months with a molt and time change will also cease laying.

Last edited:
Old hens will lay eggs my 7 year old hens lays. But they will not lay often.

Back
Top Bottom