Lazy Silkie

mickb1970

Hatching
8 Years
May 1, 2011
I am a complete newbie to forums as i am to looking after my own 3 chickens, Here's my Q,s.
I have in the last 3 days purchased 3 young chickens, I believe all are approx 15 week old. I have a Warren, a light Sussex and a White Silkie. All seems to be normal with exception to the Silkie, It does not move. if you move it to any position in the run, coop or perch it just stays there for hours. I have only seen it take a few steps towards water and feed. It would seem to be seriously depressed or completey lazy. Is this normal for any chicken? or should i really be concerned?

Thanks for your quick reponse.
I bought them all from different places, however The Silkie is pretty much ignored by the other 2, there's no pecking or bullying of any kind. The other 2 are still sorting things out between themselves which is fun to watch. The silkie just sits in its own little world.

On checking the hen this morning I could see that the feathers are not obscuring the eyes, however i could see straight away that the left eye was completley closed, with a little water and cotten wool i managed to wipe away some stickyness and the eye can now open again. The hen could have an eye infection, Is there any hope for the little thing...?

Back
Top Bottom