Lazy54...

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by sparkles2307, Apr 7, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Yeah so I talked to them on the phone this afternoon... I left a message last night and at 1:00 pm (I guess thats only 11:00 am their time) and they told me that they havent processed ANY of their online orders... anyone else ever place and online order with them? I want chicks before of I dont know, JULY...

2. sparkles2307

anyone?

3. sparkles2307

So, I still havent heard back from Lazy54, and I cant get thru to them. Should I just give it up and go thru someone else?

4. towtruckman

towtruckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    I have had no luck with them they don't answer phone or E-mail and the hours on thier web sigtht are different from the ones they keep. I have heard from others that they don't complete orders if they do ship. I did send in an order with a question on pick up and left a phone number weeks ago never heard from them.I am looking othedr places.

5. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    I got some chicks from them....bought 20, recieved 13, 7 died, left me with 6....would not answer their phones or email so i never recieved any replacements. I also didnt get a refund for the 7 they didnt send and i paid 4! I will never buy from them again!

6. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    This is all too bad . . . What the heck did they do to Shank's after they took over?

I never ordered from Shanks but just knew it was there - forever.

If these outfits want to be in retail, customer service is #1. Actually, it is #1 in wholesale also but there are fewer customers.

I'm beginning to think that anyone with an incubator can claim to be in the hatchery business. With "drop shipping" - some think they can be in the hatchery business even without the hatching. It seems that with livestock, there should be some limits on the irresponsibility.

Steve

7. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    I ordered some chicks from them back in January. I didn't hear from them so I tried to call them in late February and it took me around 2 weeks and multiple emails, calls and faxes to get a hold of them. They told me that it would probably be late March or early April before they would get to my order. I called late March to get an update, and still couldn't get a hold of them.

I found my chicks elsewhere and canceled my order with Lazy54. I was so wishing that they would have come through. It would have been nice to have a good hatchery here in Oregon.

Bil

8. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    What's their website?

9. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

You know their name is LAZY [​IMG]

10. sparkles2307

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by