Le Petite spas for girls 4-12-Can you believe this!

country lady

Songster
11 Years
Nov 8, 2008
NW Tennessee
I can't believe what I just heard on CNN. Grown up spas especially for little girls who are then pampered like a princess with makeup, massages, etc.

Talk about shallow! Why can't little girls just be little girls! I can't believe any parent would allow a four year old to even wear makeup--what are these people thinking!

I guess I am really old-fashioned expecting children to be children.

Aw, that's ridiculous! I agree completely, kids need to be kids!! If I have kids they're going to be grass stained, barefoot in summer with dirty faces and grubby hands and sloppy sneakers and jeans and T-shirts playing in mud puddles and climbing trees and falling off bikes, just like kids are supposed to!! Plenty of time for make-up and designer clothes when they grow up.

Quote:
Isn't that the truth!!!
thumbsup.gif

Well, we know where our next, Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan, Brittney Spears...ect...ect, Pampered Princesses are going to come from.
th.gif

Not that i would take my DDs there but , but my daughters love to get their nails and hair done. My oldest also used to do pageants and make up and hair was normal. But i admit it can be overdone. She is by the way a total normal kid.

the closest thing my little girl will be getting to a spa day is playing in mud puddle and maybe mommy painting her nails hot pink for fun. she deff doesnt need any "spa" treatements or makeup lol.

Welcome to my neck of the woods! My daughter would just as soon play with the chickens and climb into her treehouse, but we live in a suburb full of people with way too much money (not us) and the common sense God gave a carrot (actually I'd be insulting the carrot). We have several of these "kiddie spas" nearby, and they are doing a booming business.
sickbyc.gif
Unfortunately, we are the weird hippy-chick tree-huggers, and the spa-babies are the norm. Oh well, since I'm a massage therapist, DD can get her massages from a well-trained, loving and appropriate source for FREE
tongue2.gif

Hrmm. When I was young, I used to "break into" my mother's make up. Did the same thing to my aunt when I was hanging out with my cousin, lol. And, no, I was definately not a girly girl, I was usually running around barefoot out in the woods tracking deer, drinking out of the creek and swimming in ponds.

As far as this goes though, have you seen that show about the itsy girls in the beauty pagents? (I know I spelled that wrong...) Now THAT drives me absolutely freaking insane. My mother thinks it's hilarious how mad I get at that show, lol.

I've been banned from even looking at those shows, cuz I start throwing hard objects and hurling unprintable words! I nearly throttled a woman in the grocery store one day... She accused me of putting mascara on my 6mo daughter, got right up in my face. I just calmly looked at her and said "Do I look like I even KNOW how to apply makeup?" (I don't usually wear ANY) "What universe are you visiting from? My daughter won't be allowed to wear CHAPSTICK til she's in college!" What's truly ironic is that 20 seconds after the red-faced twit left, I was approached by a woman who handed me her business card.. from a baby modeling agency. Needless to say, I grabbed the baby, left the cart where it was and fled the store, never to return!

Back
Top Bottom