Le Petite spas for girls 4-12-Can you believe this!

Quote:
I think OCD is an entirely different subject, not related to parents who allow (promote) sexualization of their daughters ( usually it's daughters.)

I do not have the faintest idea whether your son is headed for OCD or simply likes these things as toys. I wouldn't try to keep them away from him. I would let him do his thing, without showing any judgment, and see where it goes. And do a lot of research. Maybe next week it will be frogs and lizards -- who knows -- actually, I suspect he is just copying Mom. Maybe Mom should ignore the floor and go hunt some frogs.

Quote:
How old...? Well, no matter what the age, that's just sad.

He's 8

Can't really tell whether it is the nanny or the kid who is OCD here. Or both. Sounds like the kid is, but if so, the nanny is supporting it. How awful.

Quote:
Lol. Actually, I was thinking about getting him a small broom to play with. I certainly don't plan on telling him "no" to helping momma out, lol. But, he'll also learn "boy" things as well, I just want him to be well-rounded and help his wife out when he gets older, or be able to live on his own without being a slob if he doesn't have a girlfriend or wife to clean up after him.

As far as the girls go, has anyone driven past the highschools or middle schools lately? How about checking out the little girl's clothing (INCLUDING INFANT CLOTHING!!!) It's absolutely disgusting. These outfits show off more of these little girls than I'd ever be caught dead in. I swore that if I ever had a little girl, I'd be making her own clothing, because of how disgusting the clothes are these days. Seriously, half of them look like they're wearing those clothes that strippers strip out of! And the parents that support it?! OMFG, my mother used to throw a fit because when I was younger, I would ONLY wear boy's clothes. I'd wear a t-shirt and BAGGY pants. She wanted me to wear clothing that you couldn't walk in because they were so tight. It was all about being "normal" to her, because her friends would complain that I wasn't girly enough. Now, sure, I'll wear "hippie" skirts, ya know, the ones that come to your ANKLES and aren't suctioned to your butt. But, really, I like loose clothing that you can't see every curve that you have, and, a lot of my attire still consists of men's clothing, lol. Even as a child, I was picking up bugs, snakes, frogs, playing in mud, playing baseball instead of softball, etc. It was just nicer to play in the mud with the boys, instead of standing around ewwing and acting like a ditz like the girls did. No, I'm not girly, but I didn't turn out much different from any other woman, I know my manners, I can "dress up" really well (astonishingly, lol), WHEN NEEDED (IE, I can be presentable without showing more than a naked barbie doll). I just think it's sad that girls today are basically walking advertisements for, well, you know.
sickbyc.gif

Quote:
I agree with you! I would rather play with my chickens,climb trees,catch frogs,and play outside rather than go to the spa.
The most makeup I put on is for piano recitals, and chapstick when my lips are dry and cracked.

Quote:
My son, who will be 11 in October - loved to clean when he was little - had his own little 'noo noo' (vacuum cleaner), mop, bucket, duster, etc. He also liked to wear my apron, and high heels - he played with Barbies and baby dolls.

Guess what... he's fine. Normal 10 year old boy - except for the fact that even as a baby (beginning at around 9 months old) he never liked to have dirt or anything on his hands - and to this day, he still doesnt like to have his hands dirty/sticky etc. He just last year picked up a frog and he hates bugs, period. He will look at them but he will not pick them up. Has nothing to do with how he was raised or OCD - he is just his own person and I respect him for that. We dont push him to pick up bugs and "be a boy" - he'll do what he wants to do because that is who he is as an individual. Absolulely nothing to do with "mom should ignore the floor and go hunt some frogs" - sorry.

Last edited:
Quote:
that is one of the main reasons i learned to sew..i make all of my daughters things now that she is out of the toddler stage of clothes..i cant believe the trash they have now days for little girls. its sad, really.

Personally, I think every now and then a nice trip to a spa is good, but decking out 8yr olds in all the kinds of MAKEUP?!!? Insane! I play on dirt mounds and hold chickens, how come no one else can even climb on said dirt mound? Or even hold a cutie chicken? Back on topic, WHY are we putting blush on 6yr olds? Because the Jones are doing it? Because we want to keep up the status quo? I don't know! All I know is this is soooo dumb!

Back
Top Bottom