Leaking drip cups-help

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by seminolewind, Sep 15, 2012.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I got these at twincitiespoultry. But I'm having trouble with the water continuously dripping over the edge of the cup. What am I doing wrong?

[​IMG]

2. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Anyone?

3. pigeonguy

pigeonguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2008
    Northwest Illinois
    Can you show me how you have them set up.

4. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    How much water pressure is on the cups? I believe that matters. Too much pressure will leak through the output not the threads.

That is the case with the pendant nipples.

Chris

5. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Those cups are attached about 2 .5 inches from the bottom of a 5 gallon "paint/contractor's" bucket. I'm wondering if the cups need to be empty prior to filling it. They have a double wall and 2 little holes on the bottom so the cups fill up in between the walls first.
    Now it seems like if I start with empty cups it doesn't leak over the edge. I left 2 empty and one full before I filled the bucket and the full one's drips were going over the edge. Hmmm.

6. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    I haven't used those cups before, it looks like they have hales on the front that let water in. Is there a float valve? or what keeps them from overflowing? If thy keep pouring water over the edge, you can replace them with the other low pressure waterer cups. They can handle the pressure of several 5 gallons buckets without leaking.
    [​IMG]

7. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

BellevueOmlet: I'd really LOVE to know how to set up a system using these cups!! I've scoured the internet and can only find them for sale, no instructions on setting up a system. I have a 40' long building separated into 4 coops, so I'd like to install this along the back wall with stations in each coop. Sorry to hi-jack the thread, BTW!

8. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Hi,

You can set up one or several resevoirs that connect to a PVC line that goes to all coops. PM me and I can assist you with the design and installation.

9. jmagill

jmagill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Western Wyoming
    Do you have a lid on the bucket? Maybe it works like other poultry waterers with a vacum to keep the water from overflowing.

10. ChickenJerk

ChickenJerk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2012
    So why don't you contact Victor Hake at Twin Cities and ask him what the problem might be?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by