Learn Something New Every Day! Today I learned.....

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by mudhen, Nov 10, 2008.

1. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    "You learn something every day if you pay attention." ~Ray LeBlond
    "It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~Attributed to Harry S. Truman
    "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty." ~Henry Ford
    [​IMG]
    It got me thinking the other day when I read an article in one of my pottery magazines that gave a solution for dealing with wax resist errors.
    Seems like not a week goes by that I don't learn something new on this forum. So, I thought, BYC is a great source of information and wouldn't it be fun to have members post their bits of wisdom learned each day?

With so many members, if its true that "One Learns Something New Everyday", then let's share what we've learned and we'll be come the forum with the most knowledgable members!!!

Post here what you learned today! It can be as simple as a fact of history or an easy cleaning tip, about chickens or about life.

Today I learned that:
    To remove wax from bisqueware, use alcohol. This will also work for removing melted wax from tablecloths and carpets.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    This morning I learned that I can do more pushups than I realized. (But they were the girly, on the knee kind, so they don't really count...)

3. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    I learned that moving boxes aren't meant to carry exceptionally-heavy stuff, like PCs, hardware, etc.

A valuable lesson.

4. RickiHupp

RickiHupp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Newark, Ohio
    I have learned that no matter how loud I yell at my kids.......they still dont "hear" me [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Try getting real close and whispering. I guarantee that will make them pay attention.

6. skand

skand Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Odessa, Tx
    I've learned that no matter how young you feel, you still can not keep up with an almost 4 year old. ~yawn~

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I learned that Hox genes are highly conserved among species and that 30 minutes of digestion at 37C in a .02% Type 1 collagenase solution might be enough to dissociate individual fibers from mouse soleus.

8. eggzettera

eggzettera Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia = fear of the number 666

9. willowcol

willowcol Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Today I learned button quail eggs are very easy to break, so be easy while turning. ( I also learned that I think I need to build more coops, I have become a hatchaholic.)

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I learned that SilkieChicken needs to read some comic books.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by