learning

Chikimom

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 30, 2014
I have 15 chick's their about 12weeks now what's the best food to feed them for when they start laying

welcome-byc.gif

Well you 2 to 3 months to worry about that so some Turkey Grow till then would be the best thing and a well developed body ...

Once you get your first egg add Laying crumble to the feed 50-50 ......

I start getting egg's at 15 weeks doing this .....

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X2, you want to feed them their starter/grower feed for now, then switch them over to Layer food when they start to lay eggs or are about 18 weeks old.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Feed them Grower until you start seeing eggs, then start providing extra calcium in the form of crushed oystershell or egg shells free choice on the side until you run out of Grower. Then switch to Layer.

images

Welcome to BYC!

Keep them on their starter until they are ready to lay. You will know they are getting ready to start laying when the combs, faces and wattles get really red. When the pullets start to squat for you, (they will hunker down when you lean over them) the eggs will be coming down the pipe soon! So that will be your que to go get some layer feed. Pick up some oyster shell too when you get the layer feed. Keep the oyster shell in a separate tub or feeder. They will eat it as needed.

Until then, enjoy your babies! I know the waiting for those first eggs is hard, but finding that first egg is THE most egg-citing thing!!

Good luck with your girls and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom