Least flighty/most friendly blue egg layers?

I saw a Shetland rooster for sale on Craigslist. I’d never heard of them before.
My 9 whiting true blues range from extra friendly to deathly scared of me. Must be a personality thing. They were all hatched and raised exactly the same.
IMG_1318.jpeg

I should have just gotten the Shetland hens and I would have been happy. :hmm

Instead I got Phoenix, Spitzhauben, Ameraucana and now English Orpingtons. Goal was crested, long tailed blue/green laying chickens. Could have just gotten Shetlands and Schijndel. I would be happier I think.
😕 that’s a bummer, but also how chicken math happens 😂. If you decide you want Shetland or Schijndelaar, feel free to message. I actually have both. Right now the Schijndelaar girls are in with the Shetlands because I don’t have a Schijn roo. Also I can tell the eggs apart because the Schijndelaar are a very powder blue and the Shetlands are more elongated eggs :)
This is an example of the purple minions just hopping out last night 🙄

Attachments

• IMG_6930.jpeg
    IMG_6930.jpeg
    318.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6931.jpeg
    IMG_6931.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 3
😕 that’s a bummer, but also how chicken math happens 😂. If you decide you want Shetland or Schijndelaar, feel free to message. I actually have both. Right now the Schijndelaar girls are in with the Shetlands because I don’t have a Schijn roo. Also I can tell the eggs apart because the Schijndelaar are a very powder blue and the Shetlands are more elongated eggs :)
This is an example of the purple minions just hopping out last night 🙄
It'll be a few years before I look at more chickens. I have a dozen silver LF Ameraucana eggs, half a dozen blue Ameraucana eggs and half a dozen bantam silver Ameraucana eggs coming in April or May. 😸

Back
Top Bottom