LeasureChix and Quail_Antwerp Admitting we have a problem hatchalong...

My trio of Bantam Chocolate Orps arrived today!! I am so pleased with them!! They are just gorgeous!!

Congratulations Aly! They are adorable! I'm glad they arrived finally.

I figured out yesterday, I am going to be hatching eggs the entire week of Valentines Day. Crazy! I have hatch dates before then as well. The eggs just keep coming, I keep setting. I still have almost 100 eggs coming today and tomorrow. I set another 12 eggs yesterday. Yup, I could stop anytime I want.

I hope my Lavender Ameracaunas hatch quickly. I need the incubator space! Still no sign of my new cabinet bator. It is tentatively due tomorrow. It seems like it's been forever!

Today is wash day for 9 chickens... unless I decide to leave some of the girls home and just focus on the boys. I hope I get them all cleaned up. I really should have done 1/2 of them yesterday but there was just too much other stuff to get done.

It's also the day to move most of my earlier hatchlings outdoors. Not a super big deal, I just need to create a safe lid for my water troughs to keep cats, coons and skunks out of my babies. I also need to make sure my feeding and water systems for the kids are user friendly for my mom since she's babysitting for 3 days.

Raising chicks is EXPENSIVE! I got our power bill yesterday. At first I thought they got my last payment late and it was for 2 months..... NOPE! It was double what it should be. The only difference I can think of is all the heat lamps. We had some serious freezing weather and I had to put some water heaters and heat lamps outside, in addition to my indoor brooders.

Oh yah, I have eggs to wrap and ship too.
wink.png

HI All!
Ive been trying to be very very good this year and focus on more pens and narrowing down my silkie colors,,,,my 2 Genesis incubators keep looking at me sadly from the shelf where they are stored....empty and unused...lol!
And fyi Julie, I think to give you more room you can bring me those black chicks from Bad Azzz!!!!
lol.png

congrats on your hatch!

Thank you! And welcome to our thread, I hope you stay. I'm super excited to meet you this weekend. I'm sorry, I didn't ever photograph my buff. I have some cat dance buff's that will be available as well (NYD babies). It's just a color I'm not going to keep (for now?). I didn't post my final Bad Azz count. All 10 of the blacks hatched! That amazed me! They are SO darling. I also ended up with 1 white. I know it's going to be special and it's so cute in the middle of a sea of blacks.

If you need a temporary home for your Genesis bators.... bring em! (J/K)

My DH keeps shaking his head. "What are you going to do with all these chickens?"

WOO HOO! My incubator finally got here!! I have taken a bunch of pics but haven't transferred them to my computer yet. The fan worked immediately but a wire had become disconnected so the lights (heat source) weren't coming on. My husband was able to take care of it right away.

The incubator looks really good. The top rear corners show a little damage, rub marks, from shipping (I imagine). I would add (and will add) some rubber feet to the bottom. I'm trying to get the heat and humidity to the correct levels. There is one thing that seems to be missing. The instructions state there is a screw on the side to adjust humidity. I can't find what that is referring to.

The LG egg turners fit right on the slide out shelves. It would be easy to add hatching trays since the actual shelves don't rotate.

Overall I think it was a good deal for the price. I will be loading it up real soon and will report on how it goes.

More to follow.....

Thank you! And welcome to our thread, I hope you stay. I'm super excited to meet you this weekend. I'm sorry, I didn't ever photograph my buff. I have some cat dance buff's that will be available as well (NYD babies). It's just a color I'm not going to keep (for now?). I didn't post my final Bad Azz count. All 10 of the blacks hatched! That amazed me! They are SO darling. I also ended up with 1 white. I know it's going to be special and it's so cute in the middle of a sea of blacks.

If you need a temporary home for your Genesis bators.... bring em! (J/K)

My DH keeps shaking his head. "What are you going to do with all these chickens?"

Are you bringing the buffs??? PM me what buffs you have that you want to sell, what all are you bringing anyway, I forget...Im hoping my husband comes with me sat, he is the Voice of Reason, reminding me Im trying to focus, focus....! I have 2 blue pullets left, so doing good as far as selling, have a LOT of buff catdance and Sundown cockerels...beautiful!

YAY!! I am so glad you got your incubator! That's awesome!

My husband just told me tonight that I can get a cabinet incubator! YAY! Now to decide WHICH one?!

Oh boy! You guys are gonna be hatching machines, how exciting! I did check out the Facebook page, thanks! I dont know yet if I will get more? We shall see. For right now, I am in lockdown with this hatch, it began yesterday. I have a surprise hatch at least two polish, a few ameraucaunas, some olive eggers, easter eggers, and a few unknowns
idunno.gif
I am never very good at waiting so these last few days always kill me, I cant wait!!!!!

If I buy 1 more turner I can fill up the new bator plus use 1 of my LG's.... or I can use my LG's and just start with 1 tray in the new cabinet bator. I think my hatch rate will get better with the cabinet bator but to trust it right off with so many eggs.... I just don't know. Plus, my DH & I are leaving for 3 days tomorrow morning. My mom will be here taking care of the babies but if something goes wrong, I'm not sure what she'll be able to do.

I have the temp just about right and the humidity is showing about 50%.

We are leaving tomorrow morning. I will have my laptop and iPhone with me but don't know if I'll be spending much time on them. Lots of activities between the poultry show and the PBR.

Back
Top Bottom