Leatherwork

Quote:
I'd so LOVE to do some saddlework,.....but need a ton of materials,...and then it's like,...really a saddle thats custom built,..needs to be custom fit,...so it's a catch 22 sort of,..i dunno whether to go ahead and make on,..and pray i can sell it,....but at least I'd have a demo/showpiece. Then I have no idea how much I would charge for a really ornate hand carved saddle?

I still might do it though,..and then try to get some idea of how to price it,...maybe fit it so it would fit just an average size horse.

Quote:
nope,....I've done some moccasin boots in the past,...but they're far from waterproof.
They're very comfy,.......but do get wet easy.

Darn, lol its getting harder to find my size and im only 14 years old and i wear size 14 the biggest i could find was 16 lolz

Quote:
nope,....I've done some moccasin boots in the past,...but they're far from waterproof.
They're very comfy,.......but do get wet easy.

Darn, lol its getting harder to find my size and im only 14 years old and i wear size 14 the biggest i could find was 16 lolz

dang,......I'm 41,.....and i wear a size 9...lol

Quote:

dang,......I'm 41,.....and i wear a size 9...lol

lol i wonder what size i will wear when i am fully grown haha

Very nice Leatherwork
thumbsup.gif

My high school son made these chinks under the guidance of a friend who is actually a saddle maker. He's also made some amazing belts. He's starting to gather together the tools he'll need to pursue this kind of leatherwork and of course is working us for a leather stitcher! Next big project is a saddle; he already has the tree!

66241_dsc00122.jpg

66241_dsc00119.jpg

Quote:
nice work,....best of luck to him,....

I prefer hand stitching to machine anyday. It'a a much stronger stitch. A machine is very expensive,..and imho not really needed unless mass producing. I try to offer things made by hand,..completely,.....it's a laborous task,...and I wont get rich,...but the end product is quality that you simply cant find anymore. But I guess if'n I had a great deal of work lined up,..i might look towards a machine....but kinda takes the charm and nostalgia out of the work.
I'd save the money from a stitching machine,..and buy quality dyes and quality tools,.....more materials etc,......

Back
Top Bottom