Leaving for CUBA tomorrow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Wow, Canadians have been supplying humanitarian aid to Cuba for years...

http://www.thestar.com/News/article/293098

LOL..and so has the US...
lau.gif
.....every single person off the boat..we are supporting here in the USA......i do feel bad for those poor people over there though!..
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm guessing the low crime rate, near 0% unemployment, & free healthcare are also a burden for the average Cuban.

Not sure about the collective farming, but I will ask.

I know your government wouldn't mislead you with propaganda.
wink.png

There was a movie that came out some time ago that was excellent concerning the changes that happened to Cuba in the late 50's with the revolution. I think it was called The Lost City, it was an awesome movie. Sure made me want to see Cuba some day and I hope we can do so legally. I have always liked Cuban music as well.

i like Cuban sandwiches...
big_smile.png

EDITED TO SAY:..scratch that...i was thinking of Reuben sandwiches...duh!...
lol.png
roll.png

Last edited:
pips&peeps :

Quote:
Fidel probably kicked the bucket months ago for all we know.

That was the rumor going around, but the proof is in the pudding. If he did die, I don't think the Cuban government will be very willing to share the news!
Yes, his brother is in charge and the Cubans have some more freedom now.

ETA... I had a Cuban cigar in Jamaica. I don't know what the heck they put in those things but it knocked me on my butt (either that or it was the constant flow of rum)!!​

I was there just before Christmas, wasn't on vacation though. We flew down from Norfolk, landed at Gitmo, kicked off some cargo, and then flew to St Croix to get drunk.

Turning right base to Gitmo:

DSCN0441.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom