Left-Over Pork Roast

bragabit

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Southern Utah
We had Pork Roast yesterday. Of course there are a ton of leftovers. So I am looking for some fun (maybe healthy) ideas to use the left-overs. Please share your recipes!

fried rice - using some fresh eggs of course!

I also like to mix a bit in w/scrambled eggs on the weekends - chop it fine - it adds a nice flavor to what I call a "mess" - eggs, potatoes, whatever leftover meat I have, and cheese.... top with salsa - and YUMM

Yard full o' rocks :

We always chop ours up....

BBQ sandwiches one night

Topping for a BIG salad another

droolin.gif

Cut it into bite size chunks. Put in a pan of water and bring to a boil to make a nice broth. Also cook up some CHINESE EGG NOODLES. Cut up some green onion. Put the noodles in a bowl ladle some of the pork and broth over, add green onions and top with soy sauce to taste.
thumbsup.gif

Here is an easy Chinese Pork and Rice recipe (going from memory here)

1 small onion diced
3 TB butter
1 cup rice
2 cups water with a bouillon cube or chicken stock
1/2 to 1 t. salt
1/2 to 1 cup finely diced celery (depending on how much you like celery)
2 cups chopped (but not diced) leftover pork roast
1 TB soy sauce or to taste
opt. diced bell pepper sauteed with the onion

Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan. When tender and translucent, add in rice, stir to coat with the butter.
Pour in water or stock. Cover and bring to boil; lower heat to medium low and cook 20 minutes or until rice is done. Stir in celery and pork. Cover and let sit off heat for ten minutes. Stir in soy sauce to taste and pass more soy sauce at the table if you like a strong soy flavor. Any leftovers are good heated up in the microwave.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom