Left Overs

Every night, my birds get the leftovers from the day. They love it! In fact, at 6 p.m., all the birds start reminding me it's time for dinner, whether we are done eating our dinner or not. It's a great bonding time for me and my fowl kids, (they eat out of the spoon, patiently waiting for me to hurry up and give them each spoonful)

lol yup, a spoon, well one of those big ladle-like spoons, not deep, more convex. why? is it a bad thing? they do get grit,etc thru-out the day, and it takes maybe 5 minutes for them to eat, so it's to me, not a bad thing. even the guineas stand in line. I think it's hilarious~

They eat from a spoon?! You've got some patient birds. Mine frikken bumrush me at the run's door. Yesterday morning, I made them warm oatmeal. Lupin couldn't wait for me to scoop it into their metal dish, he jumped INTO my pot! LOL

They get the majority of the scraps (if they're sauce/dip less) and the dogs get the remainder. Yesterday, they got bread crusts and fresh cucumbers from lunch. This morning I gave them leftover funnel cake (which they weren't big fans of, but Jakers ate it).

mac and cheese is one of my chickens' favorite treats.
big_smile.png

whew, you kinda scared me at first..lol
now, i never really said paitent birds, i meant to say, i make them wait, sorta...
they scramble to be first at the gate when they hear me walk around the corner of the house. I throw a few scoops into the yard, so that i can get a foot or two thru. I take all the scraps from the day and keep them in a biggish bowl. After i make my way (slowly) through the mass i also add their feed in with the scraps, makes it go further. They know the routine of who gets first and all. Its funny, they train easier then the kids. The babies get thiers first, my pheasants fly up to the spoon to eat thiers. then goes the peafowl, they just want me to get it over with so they can eat. lol then the game birds, they just squwak at me to get out of thier area. then comes the blind guy and his gal, that takes a min to get him situated, by then, the big ones are drooling at me,(I've seen the puddles rofl) Then comes the fun!
We've got pics of them eating, I'll see where they're at and try to get them on today. Hubby laffs that it's more fun then watching t.v. It's what finally calmed me and my leghorn down , we've had that love/hate relationship, not sure which actually loves, maybe it's hate/hate? lol

Quote:
Good thinking! Mine are crazy, I stepped on 3 chickens' toes this morning! They squawked, pecked me and hovered around me AGAIN. What the heck...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom