Leftover quiche?

LivingLocal

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 10, 2009
I made a crustless asparagus, bacon, onion cheddar quiche. Well, I used canned asparagus and I don't really like the taste. Can I feed this quiche to my chickens? Do I just throw them out the quiche in the pie pan or crumble it up? Thoughts? (Silly, I know!)

Oh gosh they are going to LOVE you!

They will take it however you give it to them! Maybe take the opportunity to sit in a chair (with grubby clothes) and hold some crumbles in your hand and get them to come for a visit!

If a chickens jumping up on your lap doesn't sound appealing, just toss the whole thing out there and come back to pick up the pan.
big_smile.png

Go right ahead! I don't think there is a food my girls haven't eaten... They eat a wider variety of food that most people in this world:)

Just today I threw them a chicken carcass after all the meat had been taken off for the last couple meals. Did they go crazy.

as long as it is cooked to a point that they cannot tell that it came out of them, they will eat it and love it, not to mention that it is very healthy for them, as long as it doesn't lead to egg eating

I would not think it would lead to egg pecking/breaking because this is cooked egg. Looks nothing like what comes out of the vent and I bet it would have tasted amazing with fresh 'guts! One of my favoritest English foods is chicken and asparagus pie! I always use fresh uncooked asparagus when cooking because it naturally cooks to a perfect state in quiche / pies etc... Canned is mushy and tastes awful! It is worth the extra bit of expense for the fresh stuff when it comes to the taste and the quality of the end product. Oh... and a dash of tarragon... yummmmm:drool

Back
Top Bottom