Leftover Spaghetti-o's from DD's lunch,

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Robin'sBrood, May 23, 2008.

1. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    the meatless, sauce only kind. Will this be okay to offer to my 6 & 7 week old's as a treat? [​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I dont think it would hurt since I feed some of my four year old daughter's Spagetti Os to my girls and they loved it!

3. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Okay, that was fun to watch. At first they would go up and look at it very suspiciously, but wouldn't touch it. Then they ignored it for a while. Finally, someone decided to try an O and then there was the whole chase scene with each one stealing the O from one another, even though there was a whole plate of Os right there for the taking. Funny, crazy chicks... they sure make for cheap entertainment! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2008
  4. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    They are hilarious. Kind of like you said: "Cheep" entertainment!

5. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Wont hurt em. One of my favorite pastimes is going out to the henyard and tossing in spaghetti or bologna shreds.

6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    That sounds like something I'm going to try.

7. xanaxnation

xanaxnation Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    i rinsed off the left over noodles from skettie the other night. my 2 weeks olds devoured a small (1/3 cup) dish of the plain noodles... they were pretty wary at first, one stuck her face in and then jumped back in surprise but by the end of the day.. the noodles were gone.

8. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    As your chicks grow, be sure not to over salt your foods, and they can have all of your kitchen scraps daily. They will really benefit from the veggie scraps and especially the meat scraps. Mine get nearly everything from the kitchen. Enjoy your chickens - it is cheep entertainment. [​IMG]

9. utahmethodist

utahmethodist Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    SLC, UT
    Yeah, I don't have a can around here to check the nutritional content (my kids and I think Spaghettios look and smell like vomit) but I'm guessing the sodium content might be through the roof. Does anybody know how much sodium is in that stuff?

Now I'm thinking about the smell of Spaghettios. [​IMG] Gross.

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I predict a new BYC bumper sticker -

Get chickens!
    They're cheep entertainment!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by