Leg bands- does anyone use them??

I would use them if I had many of the same breed and couldn't tell them apart.
I don't have that problem... YET!
gig.gif

I use Zip Ties that come in different colors. They have some really small ones I use for the babies. Be careful to take them off and add larger ones as they grow.

Hi! This is my first-ever post. I have been learning a lot from you all since May. I am planning on using leg bands, just haven't ordered them yet. I have 8 Isa Browns, 7 Ameracaunas and a RIR. I plan to use the plastic bandettes from www.poultrymansupply.com. My girls are 21 weeks old. Some of them are laying, I just don't know which ones! (hense, the legbands....) Could you please tell me what DH means in some people's posts? Thanks....Kristen

I've been using colored velcro bands I got the in fabric dept of WallyWorld. They work pretty good,though 2 of my RRI's managed to get theirs off. Thinking of trying the zip ties. Color comes in handy when you have a bunch all the same color

I use colored and numbered bandettes. That way if a chicken is ranging and gets it caught it pops off. They are reusable too. Zip straps scare me now after having several chickens with injuries.

I had just asked this question recently myself.
aussies25lb.jpg

Mrs.Nezbit on the left and Emerald on the right.
When they got older it was impossible to tell them apart, so Emerald got a zip tie, as per suggestions I got here.

Last edited:
The zip tie is a good Idea. I like it better than the velcro idea. THese will stay on a lot better. A guy here in town who wns a chicken farm knows where to get poultry leg band s at really good deals. He gave me the web adress here a few months ago, but like everything else I lost it. I am going to see if I can get it from him again tomarrow. I also need leg bands for showing identification, so if/when I get the adress I will post it.

Back
Top Bottom