LEG colour dominant/recessive ?

It means it isn’t a mutation. It is what original red junglefowl had. They have slate W+W+id+id+ legs.

That wouldn’t work the same. You’d get all yellow leg offspring. (Unless the yellow legged cock carried id+.) The cockerels would carry the dermal melanin gene, but you wouldn’t be able to tell them from the cock.

That's what I am wanting in the offspring is the yellow leg's. I was trying to find the yellow legged buff naked neck's to breed to my yellow legged Aloha, but it seem's that most of the buff naked neck's have those green leggs.

That's what I am wanting in the offspring is the yellow leg's. I was trying to find the yellow legged buff naked neck's to breed to my yellow legged Aloha, but it seem's that most of the buff naked neck's have those green leggs.
LOL I like green and slate legs and hate yellow legs. too funny.

I’ve noticed all my chicks get slate legs (unless it’s the sex link leg color). So I’m guessing it’s dominant. My roosters are slate legged their ameraucanas and a LO.

I’ve noticed all my chicks get slate legs (unless it’s the sex link leg color). So I’m guessing it’s dominant. My roosters are slate legged their ameraucanas and a LO.
Dermal melanin, which causes slate and willow legs is recessive sex linked. Lavender Orpingtons technically have white legs but the dominant extended black gene (which is what they are based off of) gives them black epidermal melanin even though they are actually white. So the breeds he is crossed with may appear to have slate legs even though under the epidermis it is white.
I think a majority of your chicks have dark legs because of the epidermal melanin.

Dermal melanin, which causes slate and willow legs is recessive sex linked. Lavender Orpingtons technically have white legs but the dominant extended black gene (which is what they are based off of) gives them black epidermal melanin even though they are actually white. So the breeds he is crossed with may appear to have slate legs even though under the epidermis it is white.
I think a majority of your chicks have dark legs because of the epidermal melanin.
Ohh okay, I only have one LO cross and he’s a sex linked leg color with white legs. So ameraucanas don’t have the extended black gene right? Isn’t it just slate blue with no hidden color?

Back
Top Bottom