Leg injury completely numb from elbow down

Thanks. It was heart breaking. I watched her hatch from the egg and she was my only chicken that enjoyed being pet. I lost my dog of 16 years 2 months ago and now my favorite hen. Just hoping the rest don’t get sick. I don’t know where to send her for a necropsy but I’m pretty sure it was Mareks she had all the classic symptoms the way her legs went dead. I already buried her. Thanks again for all the helpful info and suggestions.

I too am very sorry. I know how heart breaking it is but you gave her the best shot and sadly it was not to be. Would you consider sending her for a necropsy?
Hi I know this is an old post but I don’t know how to get in contact with you. I was wondering if you had some advise on another sick chicken I have that seems like Mareks. She had a limp about a week ago but was acting fine. The limp is gone but now she is completely lethargic. I brought her inside and now she has lost interest in food. I started giving her water and some yogurt by syringe. Any suggestions what I can do for her? I know you have had some chickens recover from this.

Hi I know this is an old post but I don’t know how to get in contact with you. I was wondering if you had some advise on another sick chicken I have that seems like Mareks. She had a limp about a week ago but was acting fine. The limp is gone but now she is completely lethargic. I brought her inside and now she has lost interest in food. I started giving her water and some yogurt by syringe. Any suggestions what I can do for her? I know you have had some chickens recover from this.
Hi @crissy1079
You may want to send Barbara (@rebrascora ) a pm. I think she checks in every once in while, so she may get your message.

Back
Top Bottom