Leg won't bear weight: hawk strike injury

Goo idea, do be careful with aspirin, because pain isn't the evil and terrible thing it is always thought to be, it is a natural thing designed by nature to keep animals chill, and calm, while healing. If her leg doesn't hurt, she wants to escape and walk around, this will stress her leg, and future hurt her. See who she does on the aspirin. If she seems like she wants to put weight on the leg and is more rambuctouse, maybe give less, or none at all. Hope this helps! I think aspirin is a good idea, just be careful. 😊 Hope this helps and good job with your hen!
Just gave it to her for 2 days. I let her walk on the leg as she wanted to. I was really more worried about her getting food and water. I was surprised at really how quickly she healed up.

Just gave it to her for 2 days. I let her walk on the leg as she wanted to. I was really more worried about her getting food and water. I was surprised at really how quickly she healed up.
Yes, or cours ethos totally makes sense. I gave my hen aspirin when she sprained her ankle. She was totally fine. I kinda want ed to say it because she never recovered and has a permanent limp, but I am assumgin that is because she is 8 years old not because I gave her spring and she over work ether leg. Just thought I would put it out there. 😊

@Weeg - Hmm. More rambunctious might not be a good thing. Enid's already pushy. :D
Ya, that is the main reason I was saying this. Since she is so adventurous, she is probably only staying in the sling because her ankle hurts. It might be good for her, to have that as a reminder, but don't let it stop you from trying out the aspirin, and seeing what it does. Go for it! 🙂

I mean, I could use staples or something (I kid, I kid).

She spent the time I was out snacking on lettuce and chopped tomato. (There were, of course, chick kibble and water as well, but who cares about them when you can have curly lettuce?)

I mean, I could use staples or something (I kid, I kid).

She spent the time I was out snacking on lettuce and chopped tomato. (There were, of course, chick kibble and water as well, but who cares about them when you can have curly lettuce?)
Its good that she is hanging out there no problem! I hope she continues to improve! Thanks so much for the updates! We love updates! She seems like such a sweet hen!

Well. She's walking, but not quite steadily. I'm keeping her in for another couple of days, until she's firmer and she'll be able to navigate the coop.

Her right leg, the sore one, seems to be crossing over a bit, but I think it'll be okay in the end.

Attachments

• 112320 - Enid standing.jpg
    112320 - Enid standing.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 112320 - Enid legs.jpg
    112320 - Enid legs.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 1
Well. She's walking, but not quite steadily. I'm keeping her in for another couple of days, until she's firmer and she'll be able to navigate the coop.

Her right leg, the sore one, seems to be crossing over a bit, but I think it'll be okay in the end.
It is so great that she is continuing to improve! Yay! Congratulations! Thanks for the update! Keep up the good work!

I put Enid back into the coop with the rest of the flock tonight. She's walking well, if still not perfectly evenly, and I'm concerned about keeping her away from the others too long.

Her feet are definitely crossed over and she doesn't stand quite upright anymore, but she's ready to go out, I think.

I'm hoping she'll integrate into the flock quickly.

Attachments

• 112720 - enid feet.jpg
    112720 - enid feet.jpg
    944.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 112720 - Enid.jpg
    112720 - Enid.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 1
putting them together at night always makes me worry that they wont get along in the morning when I'm not there to intervene

Back
Top Bottom