Leghorn chicken that has something wrong with her she cant stand or do anything she sleeps on my pillow 24/7

With wry neck I would give 400 IU of vitamin E daily, along with some thiamine B1 which is in the NutriDrench or in 1/4 tablet of B complex vitamins. A little scrambled egg daily has plenty of selenium which helps the vitamin E uptake.

Since wry neck is just a symptom, it can be from a head injury, a vitamin deficiency, or sometimes it is seen in certain diseases, such as Mareks and a few others. I would treat at least for 2 weeks. Sometimes it gets better, but in some cases it may not. Getting them to eat a very wet mash of chicken feed, water, and scrambled egg bits several times a day may be necessary. Here is a video:

With wry neck I would give 400 IU of vitamin E daily, along with some thiamine B1 which is in the NutriDrench or in 1/4 tablet of B complex vitamins. A little scrambled egg daily has plenty of selenium which helps the vitamin E uptake.

Since wry neck is just a symptom, it can be from a head injury, a vitamin deficiency, or sometimes it is seen in certain diseases, such as Mareks and a few others. I would treat at least for 2 weeks. Sometimes it gets better, but in some cases it may not. Getting them to eat a very wet mash of chicken feed, water, and scrambled egg bits several times a day may be necessary. Here is a video:
Thank you I saw that video and started her on scrambled eggs but already had her on nutri-trench she has good and bad days. She has been awake alot more today so just taking it 1 day at a time. When she eats her neck freaks out alot so she let's me put food in her beak she opens and I put it in the side so she's eating and drinks water alone ok. I looked at Mareks and she doesn't have that. She got trampled in her pen. I think she started wry neck and I didn't notice or just started and she got trampled from the other hens. I have her safe now resting.

Not selenium but vitamin E 90UI/fl oz
See the difference in recommendation? Suggestion is 400IU Vitamin E, your PND only has 90 IU. I would get some Vitamin E to give to her daily.

Hopefully she will start to perk up.
With wry neck I would give 400 IU of vitamin E daily

See the difference in recommendation? Suggestion is 400IU Vitamin E, your PND only has 90 IU. I would get some Vitamin E to give to her daily.

Hopefully she will start to perk up.
Thank you I well get that. Should they have it at the feed store or do I get it at a different store

Back
Top Bottom