Leghorn chicken that has something wrong with her she cant stand or do anything she sleeps on my pillow 24/7

Sambello210

In the Brooder
Nov 22, 2021
I have a leghorn about 6 to 8 months old. She got trampled by other chickens so I brought her inside right away. She can't walk but does push back when I push her legs up to check them. She sleeps all day drinks water and eats but when she eats her head like shakes back and fourth alot. I have her on nutri-trench to help her get better. She has been like this for over a week. She isn't egg bound checked her no egg. Her poop is like dirt sometime or really runny and she has had some like normal just slightly softer. She is with me 24/7 never unattended. I am hoping she well get better soon. The past 2 days she has been flapping her wings.

Her crop is empty every morning she is still drinking on her own and pooping. Her neck is doing exactly what I saw in a video of wry neck and being trampled she well get better just time

With wry neck I would give 400 IU of vitamin E daily, along with some thiamine B1 which is in the NutriDrench or in 1/4 tablet of B complex vitamins. A little scrambled egg daily has plenty of selenium which helps the vitamin E uptake.

Since wry neck is just a symptom, it can be from a head injury, a vitamin deficiency, or sometimes it is seen in certain diseases, such as Mareks and a few others. I would treat at least for 2 weeks. Sometimes it gets better, but in some cases it may not. Getting them to eat a very wet mash of chicken feed, water, and scrambled egg bits several times a day may be necessary. Here is a video:

That's a picture of her right now. When she eat she has spasms with her neck. I have researched it pretty sure she has wry neck and was trampled in the pen so I have been giving her nutri-drench for a week but doesn't help it much. It has stopped the bad spasms and her head isn't upside down but not treating it. I read scrambled eggs for a week well help or raw egg yoke. I well do whatever I need to for her to get better she has a life to live

Attachments

• 16377235256379144940207399087693.jpg
    16377235256379144940207399087693.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 4
Not selenium but vitamin E 90UI/fl oz
See the difference in recommendation? Suggestion is 400IU Vitamin E, your PND only has 90 IU. I would get some Vitamin E to give to her daily.

Hopefully she will start to perk up.
With wry neck I would give 400 IU of vitamin E daily

See the difference in recommendation? Suggestion is 400IU Vitamin E, your PND only has 90 IU. I would get some Vitamin E to give to her daily.

Hopefully she will start to perk up.
Thank you I well get that. Should they have it at the feed store or do I get it at a different store

Back
Top Bottom