Leghorn chicken that has something wrong with her she cant stand or do anything she sleeps on my pillow 24/7

Is her crop empty in the morning and is it full at night? How does her crop feel now? I have a rooster that I manually feed, and he shakes his head back and forth a lot, sometimes it is because food is dry and maybe stuck in his throat, and i give him a few mL of water to help him flush his food down.

It could be something like with her neck and the placement of the food dish, and it may help to manually give her extra water and keep water close to her food. If the crop is empty in the morning, she will hopefully begin her recovery from her stress and maybe a little shock, it may take a while but of there is no other injury she should walk around on her own soon.

Her crop is empty every morning she is still drinking on her own and pooping. Her neck is doing exactly what I saw in a video of wry neck and being trampled she well get better just time
She has been like this for over a week but how ever long it takes I well take care of her. If there is anything else I need to get her or give her I well

With wry neck I would give 400 IU of vitamin E daily, along with some thiamine B1 which is in the NutriDrench or in 1/4 tablet of B complex vitamins. A little scrambled egg daily has plenty of selenium which helps the vitamin E uptake.

Since wry neck is just a symptom, it can be from a head injury, a vitamin deficiency, or sometimes it is seen in certain diseases, such as Mareks and a few others. I would treat at least for 2 weeks. Sometimes it gets better, but in some cases it may not. Getting them to eat a very wet mash of chicken feed, water, and scrambled egg bits several times a day may be necessary. Here is a video:
Thank you I saw that video and started her on scrambled eggs but already had her on nutri-trench she has good and bad days. She has been awake alot more today so just taking it 1 day at a time. When she eats her neck freaks out alot so she let's me put food in her beak she opens and I put it in the side so she's eating and drinks water alone ok. I looked at Mareks and she doesn't have that. She got trampled in her pen. I think she started wry neck and I didn't notice or just started and she got trampled from the other hens. I have her safe now resting.

Back
Top Bottom