Leghorn or Plymouth Rock?

cluckey

Songster
6 Years
Sep 17, 2014
Can anyone tell me what my big white bird is. It's either a leghorn or Plymouth Rock. She is 4 the size of my other chickens and has huge stocky legs. Also posting a picture of my other two types. It was random from McMurray hatchery. They are 5 almost 6 weeks old. Also any insight on if big white is a hen or a rooster? Thank you!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

The top one is a Cornish cross. They are abnormally fast growing meat birds produced by crossing a Cornish rooster with a White Rock hen.
I think the middle one is likely a mixed breed.
The bottom one is an Easter Egger pullet. The greenish legs are a dead giveaway.

The top one is a Cornish cross. They are abnormally fast growing meat birds produced by crossing a Cornish rooster with a White Rock hen.
I think the middle one is likely a mixed breed.
The bottom one is an Easter Egger pullet. The greenish legs are a dead giveaway.
Agreed

The man who I got them from said the 2nd one was a rohde islan red but they seem much too brown/orange. I'm thinking the Cornish is right. She is huge and lazy. Unfortunately I wasn't interested in a meat bird :( I hope your right about the E'S I really wanted some of those! Thank you everyone!

Back
Top Bottom