Leghorn roo and golden comet hen

Chickenmomma20

In the Brooder
Jul 30, 2020
I'm wondering if anyone has hatched chick's from a white leghorn rooster and a golden comet hen, if so what will the chick's be and what will they look like?

Anytime you breed a hybrid, results are unpredicatble. With a Comet, where the hatcheries don't even agree on what the parent stock is in terms of breed, the results are even more unprdecitable.

Answer Yes, its been done.
Answer You get a non-Sex linked layer of some sort. It will likely lay tan-ish eggs of large size. Clean legs, single comb, good chance at being largely white with leakage. Beyond that?

Anytime you breed a hybrid, results are unpredicatble. With a Comet, where the hatcheries don't even agree on what the parent stock is in terms of breed, the results are even more unprdecitable.

Answer Yes, its been done.
Answer You get a non-Sex linked layer of some sort. It will likely lay tan-ish eggs of large size. Clean legs, single comb, good chance at being largely white with leakage. Beyond that?
Thank you, I'm still fairly new at the chicken thing and I have 2 golden comet hens when they get big enough to go with the rest of the flock I'm gonna have them with the leghorn and the other hens I currently have in there.

Thank you, I'm still fairly new at the chicken thing and I have 2 golden comet hens when they get big enough to go with the rest of the flock I'm gonna have them with the leghorn and the other hens I currently have in there.
I didn't start with a Leghorn roo, my first was RUG - "Rooster of Unknown Genetics" - but I have bred Comets, and they remain part of my culling program.

Fortune Favor your efforts

Not exactly what your looking for but I did hatch out one chick that I believe was a white leghorn roo and a ISA brown hen. The ISA is pretty similar to the comet both being red sex link breeds. Anyway the one I got is a cockerel now 17 weeks old. The attached picture is from last week so closer to 16 weeks. The chicken could vary easily be mistaken for a leghorn at first look. The biggest thing that make him look mixed breed is that he has red earlobes instead of white.

Attachments

• 3CA03C7B-3643-479C-B1D7-4A216589A456.jpeg
    3CA03C7B-3643-479C-B1D7-4A216589A456.jpeg
    736 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom